Child Psychiatry Services
Bergen New Bridge Medical Center provides specialized treatment programs utilizing a highly successful continuum of care for children and adolescents who have mental health challenges impeding their ability to reach their potential. Bergen New Bridge offers a variety of behavioral health services and benefits for children from the ages of 5 to 17: One of eleven Children’s Crisis Intervention Services (CCIS) inpatient units in New Jersey providing the following:
- Short-term crisis stabilization within the structure of a behavior therapy milieu program focused on safe and effective treatment.
- A subacute level of care for children requiring a longer length of stay due to the intensity and nature of their problems.
Child/Adolescent Psychiatric Outpatient Evaluation and Treatment Services provided by board certified child psychiatrists and licensed social workers. These professionals treat children between the ages of 5 and 17 for a variety of mental health issues:
- OCD and bipolar disorders
Teen T.H.R.I.V.E. Recovery, is an adolescent group therapy program for teens from the ages of 13 to 17:
- from Bergen and surrounding counties
- Medicaid, Charity Care or Insurance pre-authorized with Bergen New Bridge Medical Center
- Referrals can be made from the following: • Care Management Organization (CMO) • Probation • Schools • Parents • Child Protection & Permanency (CP&P)
- Goals: • Provide Substance Abuse/Mental Health Counseling • Provide Substance Abuse Education • Increase Self-Esteem • Increase Concept of Respect • Increase Academic Progress • Decrease Truancy • Increase Healthy Communication Within Family Unit • Build Interpersonal Skills • Develop and Practice Positive Activities
Bergen New Bridge Medical Center Emergency Department is the only one in the area providing 24/7 access to psychiatrists and other healthcare professionals dedicated to treating children or adolescents experiencing a behavioral health crisis. Call the Access Center for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services at 800.730.2762 for information or appointments. The admission process is quick, with specialists available to assist with any insurance questions.
Bergen New Bridge Medical Center, including its Behavioral Health Division, is fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
Call the Access Center for Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services. Operators are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Access Center assessments are free and confidential.