COVID-19 Testing Options
Bergen New Bridge offers two options for COVID-19 testing.
If It’s Time to Travel, It’s Time for Our PCR COVID-19 Travel Test!
Concierge service using the drive through COVID-19 testing lane on our campus
- You will fill out a request for testing using the the online form
- One of our representatives will call you to schedule your travel testing appointment.
- Tests available Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4pm. Special arrangements can be made for other times/days if needed.
- Fee: $99 per person. Family of 3 or more who test at the same time: $89 per person.
Results will be emailed within 24 hours. Each individual testing requires a unique email and must complete the registration survey.
Note: COVID-19 Travel testing is not covered by most insurance plans, therefore credit card information is required during the registration process. The charge will be on the day of your appointment just prior to your test.
We offer only Nasopharyngeal COVID-19 PCR Tests, with results available in 24 to 48 hours.
We do not offer rapid antigen tests. This is NOT for travel testing, and we cannot guarantee results or coverage by your insurance company.
This testing generally does not incur any out-of-pocket expense. Please check with your insurance company for details on coverage for COVID-19 testing before scheduling a test.
Have the following available:
- Insurance cards
- Government-issued identification
Community Drive-Thru COVID-19 at Bergen New Bridge Medical Center
COVID-19 Nasopharyngeal Diagnostic PCR test and COVID-19 Saliva PCR tests with results available in 24 to 48 hours. No rapid tests.
Now introducing evening hours! Testing will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays 3pm – 6pm.
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER! NO WALK-UPS AVAILABLE
Please note, you must bring your mobile device for check-in. Choose a date to register and which type of test, from the dropdown menu, each date has a separate registration link.
Testing begins promptly from 9:00AM – 12PM
Evening testing begins promptly 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Location: Bergen New Bridge Medical Center 230 East Ridgewood Ave, Paramus, NJ
Morning testing is Monday – Friday
Evening testing is Tuesday and Thursday ONLY.
- Identification(driver’s license/ID card, social security card, passport or birth certificate)
- Insurance card, if applicable
The County of Bergen and Bergen New Bridge Medical Center reminds all residents mobile testing is only one way to get tested. COVID-19 Nasopharyngeal Diagnostic PCR testing and antibody testing are also available by appointment at Bergen New Bridge Medical Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need a physician order to be tested for COVID-19 if I am symptomatic? You will need a physician order from your primary care physician, or you will need to be evaluated by one of our telehealth providers. Please note that either service is billed separately from the COVID-19 test even if you do not take the test.
- How long until I will get my result? Typically, the results will be available within 24-48 hours for the COVID-19 diagnosis test and about 24 hours for the antibody test.
How will I be notified? You will receive a phone call from 201.967.4000 only if your results are positive. You will be asked to verify your name and date of birth. Test results are available through the online- patient portal Change Healthcare. Copies of results will NOT be sent to your primary care physician.
You may request a copy of your results by completing a Release of Information below and submitting to Health Information Management (medical records) at:
Release of Information Forms
What should I do between getting tested and being notified of my results? Please follow the Post Test Instructions (click to download) and speak with your primary care or ordering providers. If you have an increase in symptoms or difficulty breathing, please seek immediate medical attention.
Is this covered by insurance? Generally medically necessary diagnostic testing for symptomatic and asymptomatic infections should be covered by your health insurance. Travel related, work, or other surveillance testing may not be covered by all health plans. Please check with your insurer for further clarification.
- Can my physician order these tests for me? Currently, we only accept outside orders for symptomatic patient testing. All asymptomatic testing and antibody testing is by order of a Bergen New Bridge provider only.