Visiting Hours and Duration
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older, except in rare exceptions as determined by the facility.
- Adult Inpatient Acute Care Units: one person per patient at a time is permitted between the hours of 12 and 8 p.m.
- Emergency Department: one visitor per patient is permitted at any time for adult patients. Two parents or guardians are permitted at any time where the patient is a minor.
- Behavioral Health Adult Units: Café Visits – designated enclosed area, scheduled visiting time, phone contact with patient
- Long Term Care – Visitation remains restricted. Outdoor and window visitation by appointment only. Social distancing, no physical contact or sharing of food/beverages, mandatory face coverings and a limit of two visitors per resident at one time. A member of our staff must always be present. Informed consent required for outdoor visitation
- Ambulatory Clinics-There are no visitors allowed at this time to allow for social distancing in the waiting rooms, unless the visitor is the power of attorney. Patients will have the option to have a family member join the visit via telephone.
- CAFÉ Visits – outside designated enclosed area, scheduled visiting time, phone contact with resident.
- Same day surgery or procedure patients, may have one support person prior to and after the procedure. The support person may remain with the patient through the initial intake process and may rejoin the patient for the discharge process.
- Outpatients may be accompanied by one adult. Visitors may wait for the patient in the hospital or facility’s designated waiting area (subject to physical space availability), while the patient is having his/her procedure.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
All visitors will need a procedure mask only, unless an individual is permitted to visit a COVID-19 positive patient because of extenuating circumstances. In this situation, staff will direct the visitor on the appropriate PPE.
- All visitors will be provided with and must wear appropriate PPE as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- If a visitor refuses to wear a mask or other PPE as indicated, that individual will be asked to leave the facility.
Temperature and Symptom Screening
- All visitors must undergo symptom and temperature checks upon entering any of our facilities. If they present with fever or symptoms, they will not be allowed entry into the facility as recommended by the CDC.
Prior to and During the Visit
- All visitors must perform hand hygiene before visiting a patient.
- Once in the hospital or facility, visitors shall remain in the patient’s room (or Emergency Department bay) as much as possible throughout the visit, except when directed by hospital or facility staff to leave during aerosol-generating procedure or other procedures in which visitors are usually asked to leave.
- If an aerosol-generating procedure needs to be performed on a patient, the visitor must leave the room during the procedure and for one hour after the procedure is complete.
- All visitors must comply with all reasonable requirements imposed by the hospital or facility to minimize the potential spread of infection.
- Gatherings of family members, friends and other acquaintances of the patient in family lounges, waiting areas, the lobby, cafeterias or restaurants on campus is not permitted.