We offer COVID-19 Nasal PCR and COVID-19 Saliva tests with results available in 24 to 48 hours. We currently do not provide rapid COVID-19 antigen tests.
What does surveillance mean? It means that you are currently not exhibiting any COVID 19 like symptoms or have a known exposure to COVID 19. You are taking this test for work-related purposes (i.e., Not vaccinated) or other personal reasons.
You must have a prescription for EACH scheduled diagnostic COVID 19 test. Please provide each one when you arrive for testing.
This is not for travel testing, and we cannot guarantee results or coverage by your insurance company. Insurance coverage has changed. Since your test can be considered a surveillance test, your insurance company will most likely not cover the cost of this test. Please check with your insurance company for details on coverage for COVID-19 testing before scheduling a test.
Federal funding is no longer available for uninsured patients. If you do not have insurance, you will be required to pay out of pocket before taking the test, or you will need to apply for Charity Care.
For surveillance testing, you will be required to submit payment before the test is administered.
- Fee: $70 per PCR Nasal test.
- Fee: $90 per PCR Saliva test
We now offer evening hours! COVID-19 testing is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2pm – 6pm.
Have the following available before starting the scheduling process:
- Government-issued identification
- Insurance cards, if applicable
You Must Pre-Register! No Walk-Ups Available.
Schedule COVID-19 Drive-Through Testing
Please note, you must bring your mobile device for check-in. Choose a date to register and which type of test — Nasal or Saliva — from the dropdown menu. Each test date and time slot has a separate registration link.
Testing begins promptly from 7:30 am – 1 pm, and from 2pm - 4pm.
Evening testing is available Tuesday or Thursday and begins promptly at 2 pm – 6 pm.
Please note: Test results are available approximately 24 to 48 hours from 8pm on the day you have your COVID-19 test.
Location: Bergen New Bridge Medical Center
230 East Ridgewood Ave, Paramus, NJ 07652
Download Saliva Instructions
Download COVID-19 Testing Map
On Your Test Date, Please Bring:
- Your mobile device for check-in.
- Identification (driver’s license/ID card, Social Security card, passport or birth certificate)
Questions? Email CovidQuestions@NewBridgehealth.org
If It’s Time to Travel, It’s Time for Our PCR COVID-19 Travel Test!
Schedule COVID-19 TRAVEL TESTING at Bergen New Bridge
Our concierge service is available through our drive-through COVID-19 testing lane on our campus.
- You will fill out a request for testing using the online form
- One of our representatives will call you to schedule your travel testing appointment.
- Tests are available Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4pm. Special arrangements can be made for other times/days if needed.
Results are emailed within 24 hours. Each individual testing requires a unique email and must complete the registration survey.
- $99 per person
- $89 per person for a family of three or more who schedule at the same time
Note: COVID-19 Travel Testing is not covered by most insurance plans; therefore, your credit card information is required during the registration process. The charge will be on the day of your appointment, just before your test.
Questions? Email CovidQuestions@NewBridgehealth.org
- Do I need a physician order to be tested for COVID-19 if I am symptomatic? For diagnostic testing, we require a physician’s order. If you do not have a physician’s order, and to have testing covered by your insurance plan, you may schedule an appointment with a telehealth physician to obtain an order. Call Telehealth Visits at 201.616.7638. You may elect to pay out of pocket if you do not have an order or wish to schedule a telehealth visit.
- How long until I will get my result? Surveillance and diagnostic test results will be available approximately 24 to 48 hours from 8pm on the day you have your COVID-19 test. Travel test results will be emailed directly to you within 24 hours.
- How will I be notified? Test results are available through the online Patient Portal. Copies of results will NOT be sent to your primary care physician. You may request a copy of your results by completing a Release of Information below and submitting it to Health Information Management (medical records) at:
Release of Information Forms
- What should I do between getting tested and being notified of my results? Please follow the CDC quarantine guidelines and speak with your primary care or ordering providers. If you have an increase in symptoms or difficulty breathing, please seek immediate medical attention.
- Is this covered by insurance? Your insurance plan may cover medically necessary diagnostic testing authorized by your doctor for symptomatic and asymptomatic infections or exposures. Your insurance plans usually will not cover work-related testing required due to an unvaccinated status or another surveillance test. It is your responsibility to contact your insurer to confirm coverage and out-of-pocket costs.
- Can my physician order these tests for me? We accept outside orders for symptomatic (diagnostic) patient testing with supporting diagnostic code.
Questions? Email CovidQuestions@NewBridgeHealth.org