Monoclonal Antibody Therapies at Bergen New Bridge
Monoclonal Antibody COVID-19 Treatment
We now offer a new monoclonal antibody COVID-19 treatment called Bebtelovimab. Monoclonal antibody treatment is a therapy for individuals who:
- Have been near someone who is COVID positive (masked or unmasked) in the last 48 hours or who lives with someone who is COVID positive.
- Are currently experiencing mild to moderate COVID-19 symptoms but are not hospitalized.
- Are within ten days of the initial onset of symptoms.
This treatment involves a single infusion of antibodies from laboratory-made proteins mimicking the immune system’s ability to fight off viruses. Monoclonal antibody treatment is available to those who meet specific high-risk medical requirements.
Call our Central Scheduling team at 201.225.7130 to schedule a telehealth session to determine if the monoclonal antibody treatment will benefit you.
Long-Acting Monoclonal Antibodies Treatment
We now offer AstraZeneca’s Evusheld, a long-acting monoclonal antibodies treatment. Our care team will administer Evusheld in two separate shots in the same treatment session. We give this preventative therapy to patients who:
- Have not been exposed to the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) virus.
- Are 12 years of age and older and weigh at least 40 kilograms [about 88 pounds].
- Have moderate to severely compromised immune systems due to a medical condition or who are taking immunosuppressive medications or treatments that may inhibit developing an effective immune response using the approved COVID-19 vaccines, or
- Have a history of severe adverse reactions to COVID-19 or components of the vaccines, so vaccination with an available COVID-19 vaccine is not recommended.
To receive long-acting monoclonal antibodies treatment requires a telehealth appointment to assess and schedule the therapy for qualifying patients. To schedule a telehealth assessment, call our Central Scheduling team at 201.225.7130.
We do not recommend Evusheld for pre-exposure prevention for individuals for whom standard COVID-19 immunization is safe and effective.