Help clients live fuller lives by making a recovery more comfortable and sustainable through medication and therapeutic support to manage cravings, learn coping skills and avoid relapse.
How it Works
Our program is designed to provide protection, strength, confidence and security to your recovery efforts.
We provide a variety of FDA approved medication options for managing cravings and urges to protect against relapse.
- Patient centered approach focused on support with starting or maintaining recovery
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Provide individualized treatment planning
- Integrated treatment team of Dual Licensed Clinicians, Addiction Counselors, Medical staff and Addictions Psychiatrists
- Barrier free access to addiction treatment services including, psychiatrists specialized in addictions medicine, community support including education for families, Recovery Center, and referrals as needed for a higher level of care.
- We provide a variety of FDA-approved medication options for managing cravings and urges tprotect against relapse.
True recovery becomes a part of our lives and who we are. It is a lifestyle. We recognize that getting back to work, going to school and being with family are all important parts of recovery. Our menu of options helps to weave recovery into multiple life domains while making early recovery more comfortable and sustainable.
How the Medications Work
The medication binds with the nerve receptors involved with generating cravings and urges, reducing the risk of relapse.
- Vivitrol: A non-narcotic, non-addictive medication designed thelp prevent relapse with opioids and alcohol.
- Monthly injections provide ongoing security and confidence without the need for weekly office visits or daily dosing.
- Clients will participate in a monthly individual or group session for continued relapse prevention and support.
- Ideal for:
- Clients who may have been unsuccessful with buprenorphine or methadone.
- Clients with high motivation for abstinence.
- Clients with increased stress or relapse triggers.
- Must have been opioid-free for a minimum of 7-10 days.
- Buprenorphine: (Suboxone, Subutex): Helps prevent opioid withdrawal symptoms and reduce craving.
- Multiphase treatment and take-home prescriptions provide increased initial support that will flex with you based on your needs and results.
- There is a step-down component where new clients will need to participate weekly in a group or individual sessions for relapse prevention support and education on medication and step down to monthly sessions at the digression of the treatment team.
- Ideal for
- Clients who require more initial support to maintain abstinence from opioid use.
More Than Medicine
Our multidisciplinary team of clinicians, medical professionals, and addictions psychiatrists work with you to create a personalized recovery plan based on your goals.
Our program uses Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help patients develop coping skills, maximize their engagement in treatment and get the results they want.
Please contact our MAT program for direct admission at 201.967.4000 Extensions 26345, 25155 or 22454.
We are committed to helping you identify your specific recovery goals and we provide you with the tools, resources, and support you need to reach the outcome you want in all areas of your life impacted by substance use.
Thanks to the Hudson County Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services,
Bergen New Bridge Medical Center Medication Assisted Treatment for Adults
can provide individuals with support to help remain sober within the community.
This program is available to all Hudson County residents, age 18 years and older, who are dealing with substance abuse challenges, are uninsured, or have insurance not covering these services, or are not eligible for these services under any other entity.