*NJ hospitals are currently pending regulatory guidance from the Department of Banking and Insurance (DOBI) regarding its specific definition of “employed” and “contracting”. Upon DOBI’s issuance of guidance, this information may be updated or reorganized in order to reflect the legislature’s intent.
Out-of-network Consumer Protection, Transparency, Cost Containment and Accountability Act
- We are committed to providing information our patients need to protect them from receiving a surprise medical bill.
- We have worked throughout our facility to try to make sure we are meeting the requirements of New Jersey’s new law.
- While we have taken steps to fully comply with our requirements on behalf of patients, it is very important that healthcare consumers also consult their own health insurance plan. Only your health insurance plan can provide detailed information about your coverage and potential obligations for certain out-of-pocket costs. The contact information is on your insurance card.
- In accordance with the new law, we have listed on our website the insurance plans whose networks we participate in and a list of those physicians we employ or have contracts with to provide certain services to patients in the hospital. In addition to the physician’s name, we have also provided contact information so you can contact the physician directly to ask about their network status with your particular health insurance plan. You may find this information on the attached pdf of physicians or physician groups that are employed by Bergen New Bridge Medical Center.
- While we have tried to make our network status clear to all healthcare consumers, it is important to note that the state’s new out-of-network law does not apply to health insurance plans issued outside of New Jersey. Even if you live in New Jersey, if your employer is located in another state, it is possible that your plan is not covered by the law. Also, the new law is optional for self-funded plans. Self-funded plans are when the employer assumes the responsibility to cover all of the expenses of the plan. Self-funded plans are only required to follow federal requirements, not state laws. A self-funded plan may opt in and elect to be subject to New Jersey’s out-of-network law, but it is not required to do so. It is important that you ask your employer or health insurance carrier whether the new law applies to your plan.
- If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to email PatientAccounts@newbridgehealth.org
Bergen New Bridge Medical Center is dedicated to providing consumers with as much information as possible regarding potential healthcare costs. Accordingly, we have listed information on the insurers and products the hospital participates in as well as any exceptions. This list may not be comprehensive. For example, specialty insurers such as workers’ compensation and personal injury protection (“PIP”) are not included because there are a number of different types of insurance products and we may not participate in all of them. If you do not see your plan listed on our website, we strongly recommend that you contact us or your health insurance plan to confirm whether your plan is in-network or out-of-network.
Insurance Plans We Participate In
Physicians and Physicians Groups We Employee
Click here to see a list of the physicians or physician groups that are employed by Bergen New Bridge Medical Center. While the physicians are hospital employees, you may still receive a separate bill for their services in the event they process their own billing.
Please NOTE: Physicians who participate in your care, including emergency room physicians, surgeons, radiologists, anesthesiologists, pathologists, and consultants may or may not participate with the same insurance plans as NBMC. NBMC cannot assure that all physicians or consultants participate with all insurance plans. Your physicians’ bills will be separate from the medical center bill. Please contact your insurance company to find out if these physicians are covered by your insurance plan.
Fri. Jan. 31
HIV 2020 Insights and Updates
Tues. Jan. 28
Mental Health Services
Speed Networking Luncheon
Tues. Feb. 4
Respiratory Care 2020
Thurs. March 5
Or donate when you shop at Amazon with the Amazon Smile Program!