Daily Safety Practices
From wearing masks to washing hands to rigorous cleaning, disinfecting, and infection control, safety is part of everything we do at Bergen New Bridge. Here’s how we’re keeping our patients, guests and staff safe, every day:
Across Bergen New Bridge Health
- All patients and guests are asked to wear face masks or face coverings.
- All patients who stay in our hospital are tested for COVID-19 prior to their arrival.
- Patients and guests who come to any of our care locations will have their temperature checked and be screened for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Staff in all departments and buildings wear masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate.
- Staff, patients and guests are advised to practice social distancing, hand washing and other safety precautions.
- Staff continue to follow strict adherence to infection control guidelines, including deep cleaning and disinfecting of all areas.
- We continue to maintain an adequate supply of PPE, ventilators and other supplies.
Bergen New Bridge Medical Center
- Visitation restrictions remain in place.
- All patients will be given and asked to wear masks.
- All patients will have their temperature taken.
- Inpatients diagnosed with COVID-19 will be separated from other patients.
- All inpatients are tested for COVID-19 prior to their arrival.
- When possible, patients who come into the Emergency Department will immediately be placed in an available bed without being triaged, to limit contact with other patients.
- Testing enhancements, including expanded capacity and a faster turnaround of test results, are underway.
Hospital employees undergo temperature monitoring and symptom screening at the start of their shifts.
Bergen New Bridge’s Safe Visit protocol is in place at all of our practices:
- All offices have been reconfigured to meet social distancing guidelines and ensure patients can remain at least 6 feet from each other.
- Scheduled appointments are staggered to limit patient arrivals and departures.
- Patients are asked to come to appointments unaccompanied whenever possible.
- Patients can complete an online check-in process with the ability to communicate by text from their cars, so there’s no time spent in the waiting room before being escorted into the exam room.
Bergen New Bridge also offers telemedicine visits with primary care and specialty providers.
- All telemedicine services are HIPAA compliant to protect your privacy.
Telehealth Services Now Include Mental Health
- All teams follow extensive infection prevention protocols and wear appropriate personal protective equipment when treating patients.
- Employees are temperature-checked daily and aren’t allowed to work if they exhibit symptoms of illness.
- Each team member signs a daily attestation and commitment to wear PPE to keep their colleagues, their families and their patients safe.