Patients and Visitors
The Care You Need Close to Home
Bergen New Bridge Medical Center is here to provide you or your loved one compassionate, high-quality, and comprehensive medical and mental health services. As a clinical affiliate of Rutgers and a not-for-profit safety net facility, at 1,070-beds, we are both the largest hospital and licensed nursing home in New Jersey and the fourth-largest publicly-owned hospital in the nation. The Medical Center, including its Long Term Care Division, is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and is in-network with all major New Jersey commercial insurance plans covering 99.91% of NJ residents.
At Bergen New Bridge, our experienced doctors, nurses, and support staff are ready to serve all of your healthcare needs through four distinct lines of service. The Medical Center encompasses four service lines to better serve you and your loved ones.
- Ambulatory and Acute Care – provides primary and specialty care in both an outpatient and inpatient setting.
- Behavioral Health Services – offers mental health care in outpatient, intensive outpatient, and inpatient care settings. Our continuum of care is designed to support you and your loved ones in successfully treating a full spectrum of behavioral health needs.
- Substance Use Disorder Treatment – supports individuals or their loved ones suffering from addiction. Our Substance Use Disorder Treatment team offers both inpatient and outpatient medical detoxification services. As patients continue on their road to recovery, the Medical Center offers rehabilitation services in inpatient and outpatient settings to meet the varying needs of the communities we serve.
- Long Term Care Division – Bergen New Bridge is unique in providing long term care services in our Medical Center. Our dedicated staff of professionals gives the medical, spiritual, and recreational care our residents require to lead productive lives. The Long Term Care team works tirelessly to create a home-like atmosphere for every individual in their care.
Hospital Visitor Information & Amenities
Visiting a loved one at Bergen New Bridge? Find helpful information about:
- Dining and coffee shop options
- Visiting hours and policies
- Our smoke-free policy
Learn how our Health Information Management team secures your information:
- Your medical records and how to access them
- Learn when and how to request access to third-party records
- Our Patient Portal
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
As a compassionate and responsible healthcare provider, we ensure you retain your independence and privacy through our Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities. For more detailed information on our Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities, please contact the Department of Patient Experience at 201.967.4000.
Advance Care Planning
Make sure your loved ones know the kind of medical care you want if you're ever in a situation where you cannot communicate your wishes. Find out how you can complete advance directives with assistance from Bergen New Bridge social workers.
Billing & Insurance
See how our Patient Finance works with you to make medical care accessible and affordable. Check if we're part of your insurance network, learn about our billing policies and see how to pay your bill, and discover your options for financial assistance.
Veterans Healthcare Services
Bergen New Bridge Medical Center is now a Veterans Community Care Provider and proud to serve the healthcare needs of our veterans. To access services at Bergen New Bridge, veterans must ask their primary care physician for a referral to Bergen New Bridge Medical Center.
Our interfaith Pastoral Care Department is a vital part of the healthcare team. Our chaplains provide a varied range of spiritual services to all the Medical Center serves - patients, residents, visitors, and staff.
Make a Difference - Volunteer
The mission of our Volunteer Services Department is to provide support services to our patients, long term care residents, visitors, and staff throughout the Medical Center.
We offer a unique variety of volunteer opportunities spanning the wealth of services provided to our patients and residents throughout the Long Term Care, Acute/Ambulatory Services, and Behavioral Health divisions.
The Foundation at Bergen New Bridge
The Bergen New Bridge Medical Center Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation (Federal ID# 22-3135663) founded in 1991.
The Foundation consists of volunteers from many professions and walks of life. They all have in common their commitment and concern for the long term care residents and patients at Bergen New Bridge.
The Foundation is committed to:
- Enhancing the quality of life for those served by Bergen New Bridge Medical Center.
- Supporting educational programs for professionals, consumers, and caregivers.
- Educating the community about health issues and services available at Bergen New Bridge Medical Center.
Learn more about The Foundation