Access Your Medical Records
Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, the Health Information Department is closed to the public; however, we are here to serve all your record request needs remotely.
If you require copies of your COVID-19 lab results, please complete the Release of Information Form below and send us your form via one of the methods listed below. You may also have your primary care physician contact us for a copy of your results. If you have questions, please reach out to us at the phone number or email address listed below.
Medical Record Requests
If you require copies of your medical records, you may complete the Release of Information (ROI) Form.
- English Release of Information (ROI) Form
- Spanish Release of Information (ROI) Form
- Korean Release of Information (ROI) Form
The ROI form can be sent to us in one of the following ways:
Bergen New Bridge Medical Center
Health Information Department/Release of Information
230 East Ridgewood Ave, Paramus, NJ 07652
Easy Instant Access to Your Health Information
Patients should have easy, instant access to their health information at any time. We are pleased to present this opportunity through the use of a secure Internet portal. Using this portal, you will be able to access your health information online. Please note that while this service is currently available to Inpatient and Emergency Department patients only, Same Day Surgery and Outpatient Services will be available in the future. During the registration process, you will be asked to provide a valid email address. When your visit is complete, instructions on using the portal and activating your account will be provided via email from the Medical Center. Once your account is activated, you will be able to access information from your visit: allergies, procedures, lab and radiology results, vitals, and more—all in one place!
Visit the Patient Portal
- During registration, provide the hospital Registrar with a valid email address.
- Upon discharge, you will receive an email with a link to the Patient Portal.
- Check your email and use the link to launch the online Patient Portal.
- You will be prompted to enter your date of birth to confirm your identity.
- You will be prompted to verify your demographic information.
- Create a User ID (using email address is recommended) and password.
- Create three security questions to verify your identity in case of password loss.
- Congratulations! Your account has now been activated.