Scott David Lippe, M.D.
Chief of Gastroenterology, New Bridge Medical Center
Dr. Lippe is a Board Certified Gastroenterologist and Internist who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive tract and liver. He also treats all aspects of nutrition, including weight loss management. Dr. Lippe is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at New York Medical College. He has authored many articles on various areas in gastroenterology and spent two years in research in viral-mediated diarrhea.
Dr. Lippe attended Johns Hopkins University for his undergraduate education and Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York. He completed his residency training at Albany Medical Center in Albany, New York. Dr. Lippe completed a dual fellowship in Gastroenterology and Nutrition at Winthrop-University Hospital in Mineola, New York. During his training, he served as an emergency room physician at the VA Medical Centers in Albany, Long Island, and New Jersey.
AMA Physicians Recognition Award, 1999; 2001; 2004–2007 with Commendation Certificate as Active Teacher, SUNY Stonybrook School of Medicine
Dr. Lippe’s Medical Practice
Focuses on Gastroenterology, Liver Diseases, and Nutrition, and includes the following:
- Acid-related diseases, such as acid reflux, GERD, ulcers, and the treatment of H pylori
- Diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, such as Crohn’s or Ulcerative Colitis
- Treatment of liver diseases, such as Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C, hemochromatosis, and fatty liver
- Treatment of obesity with diet management and the use of FDA-approved medications, where appropriate
- Nutritional counseling prior to gastric-bypass surgery
- Colon cancer screening with video colonoscopy
- Evaluation of stomach, small bowel, and esophageal diseases with gastroscopies
- Liver biopsies, where appropriate
His office is located at the following address: New Bridge Medical Center 230 East Ridgewood Avenue, Suite 6-2 Paramus, New Jersey 07652 During regular business hours, please call 201-225-4700 for appointments. Fax is 201-225-4702. Urgent line for weekends and afterhours is 201-594-0700. Patients are seen Mondays through Fridays. Almost every insurance plan is accepted, including Medicare, Aetna, Cigna, HealthNet, GHI, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Qualcare, United Healthcare, most unions, and others. Some plans may require a referral to a specialist.