Veterans Healthcare Services
Call the Veterans Access Line
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Bergen New Bridge Medical Center is a VA Community Care Provider.
Bergen New Bridge Offers Veterans a Complete Continuum of Care.
- Imaging and diagnostic services, including: state-of-the-art digital MRI, and lowest dosage mammography, allowing for safe and quick results
- Full-Service Laboratory
- Behavioral Health Services
- Substance Abuse Services
- Medical Detox
- Comprehensive outpatient care services featuring more than 26 medical specialties in addition to primary care
All your healthcare needs under one roof.
What services does Bergen New Bridge Medical Center offer?
- Breast Care
- Ear, Nose, Throat (ENT)
- Primary Care
- Sports Medicine
What other services are offered at Bergen New Bridge Medical Center?
You can receive multiple services such as:
- 24/7 access to our Emergency Department
- Cardiology (e.g., EKG, echocardiogram, stress test)
- Infusion Center (oncology/rheumatology)
- Inpatient and Outpatient Addiction Treatment
- Long Term Care
- Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinics
- Pastoral Care
- Radiology (CAT scan, interventional radiology, mammography, MRI/MRA, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, X-ray)
- Rehabilitation (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy)
- Same Day Surgery Procedures (e.g., arthroscopic and laparoscopic surgery, colonoscopy, endoscopy, epidural injections)
What are the steps in scheduling an appointment with one of the providers at Bergen New Bridge Medical Center?
If you have Medicare Coverage and/or a Medicaid Managed Care (HMO) as your primary payer source, you may call the Central Scheduling Department, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at 201.225.7130 for any medical and specialty appointments, as well as, laboratory, radiology, and cardiology services.
If you have Medicare Coverage and/or a Medicaid Managed Care (HMO) as your primary payer source and would like to schedule a Behavioral Health appointment, please contact the Access Center at 800.730.2762.
If you have Veterans Choice as your primary payer source, and your primary care physician is referring you to a specialist you would like to see at Bergen New Bridge Medical Center, please complete the following steps:
- Let your primary care physician know you want to come to Bergen New Bridge Medical Center.
- Your primary care physician will enter your referral into HealthNet.
- Obtain a copy of your referral from your primary care physician.
- Call the Veterans’ Line at Central Scheduling 201.967.4291, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., to schedule your appointment.
- Make sure to let them know the details on your HealthNet referral when you make the appointment.
- Bring your referral with you to your appointment at Bergen New Bridge Medical Center.
What must I provide on the day of my appointment to receive services?
You must have a photo ID, insurance cards, list of medications, and any applicable referrals and authorizations.
Are all services covered in full?
If Medicare is primary and you have a secondary plan of Veterans Choice, you are covered in full. If Veterans Choice is primary, there may be a copayment due.
Can I receive pharmacy services at Bergen New Bridge?
If you have Medicare Part D Plan, there may be a copayment due when dispensing medication (Veterans Choice will not cover this amount).
If you have Veterans Choice only, the pharmacy must obtain authorization from the VA in order to dispense a limited supply (10 to 14 days).