The mission of the Volunteer Services Department is to provide support services to the patients, long term care residents, visitors, and staff throughout the Medical Center.
We offer a unique variety of volunteer opportunities spanning the wealth of services provided to our patients and residents throughout the Long Term Care, Acute/Ambulatory Services, and Behavioral Health Services. Volunteers interested in Behavioral Health must be a minimum of 22 years old.
The rewards of volunteering are many:
• Volunteering provides young people with valuable work experience in applying for jobs, scholarships, and college programs.
• You may develop an interest in a medical profession or a particular skill.
• You will receive the intangible rewards of contributing to patient care and recovery.
Below are just a few of the volunteer assignments available to individuals as well as groups at Bergen New Bridge Medical Center (BNBMC):
- Concierge Services
- Emergency Department
- Friendly Visitor Program
- Horticultural Therapy
- Pastoral Care
- Pet Therapy (The therapy dog must be certified from a pet therapy organization and current with vaccinations. The dog’s handler must apply and become a certified pet therapy dog volunteer to join the program and visit patients/long term care residents.)
- Therapeutic Recreational Therapy
We invite you to learn more about how to make a difference in the lives of our patients and long term care residents by becoming a volunteer. To apply, download and complete:
You may email the completed forms to Susan Burkhardt at email@example.com. Fax your references and medical clearance to 201-225-4771. Volunteer applications are also available in our Volunteer Office.
For more information, call the volunteer department at 201-967-4615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send completed Volunteer Applications to the Volunteer Department via email to email@example.com.
Please do not send resumes for employment to this email; visit the Careers page for the correct link.