The mission of the Volunteer Services Department is to provide support services to the patients, long term care residents, visitors, and staff throughout the Medical Center.
We offer a unique variety of volunteer opportunities spanning the wealth of services provided to our patients and residents throughout the Long Term Care, Acute/Ambulatory Services, and Behavioral Health Services. Volunteers interested in Behavioral Health must be a minimum of 22 years old.
The rewards of volunteering are many:
- Volunteering provides valuable work experience that young people need in applying for jobs, scholarships, and college programs.
- You may develop an interest in a medical profession or a particular skill.
- You will receive the intangible rewards of contributing to patient care and recovery.
Below are just a few of the volunteer assignments available to individuals as well as groups at Bergen New Bridge Medical Center (BNBMC):
- Concierge Services
- Emergency Department
- Friendly Visitor Program
- Horticultural Therapy
- Pastoral Care
- Pet Therapy (dog must be certified from a pet therapy organization and current on all vaccinations. Dog’s handler must apply and become a volunteer in order for the certified pet therapy dog to join the program and visit patients/long term care residents.)
- Therapeutic Recreational Therapy
We invite you to learn more about how to make a difference in the lives of our patients and long term care residents by becoming a volunteer. Please download and complete the volunteer application, written reference form and the TABB form. The completed forms can be emailed to Susan Burkhardt firstname.lastname@example.org. References and/or a medical clearance can be faxed to 201-225-4771. Volunteer applications are also available in our Volunteer Office.
For more information, call the volunteer department at 201-967-4615 or email email@example.com.