Youth Mental Health First Aid
New Bridge Medical Center and Bergen County Department of Health Services are proud to present this Youth Mental Health First Aid national training program free of charge.
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
A light breakfast and lunch will be served.
What is Mental Health First Aid?
- Evidence-based interactive course
- Teaches the signs of mental illness and substance abuse
- Introduces a five-step action plan to respond to a mental health crisis
- Teaches how to initiate a referral to mental health resources
Why is Mental Health First Aid important?
- Just like CPR, it is a vital skill that improves the well-being of our community
- Helps to eliminate the stigma that is associated with mental illness and substance abuse
- Promotes recovery and resiliency
“Mental Health First Aid is a public education program that can help individuals across the community to understand mental illnesses, support timely intervention, and save lives.”
Pre-Registration required by Tuesday, September 11, 2018: